Hello guys and girls! in place of the annual beach tournament we are holding a charity tournament on the Hockey Club pitches, kindly sponsored by Trust Corporation of the Channel Islands Limited and in aid of Headway Guernsey.
Links to a flyer and registration form are at the bottom of this post, however here’s what you need to know:
– First of all get your registration forms in QUICK with your £50 registration fee. Registration closes on 30th July and is capped at 12 teams. The forms will be posted below or can be sent on request.
– It’s 5 aside, mixed teams so you need at least 2 of each gender on the field. You can only have two league players per team so choose wisely!
– Rules will be made clear ahead of the event however the biggest changes to our current rules will be NO PASS RUSH, we’re taking out the no run zones and shortening the pass clock.
– The pitches are slightly shorter and we will be playing with junior sized footballs
– Crash courses will take place on 24th and 26th July for those totally new to the sport. Details will be sent to the teams contact emails. Any additional coaching can be arranged. Just send us a message!
– Spectators are more than welcome! There will be a bouncy castle to keep your kids occupied, hot food available to purchase to keep you going and access to the clubhouse bar through to the evening where the trophy will be awarded to the winning team.
If you would like to play but don’t have a team please get in touch and we will try and find a home for you!
This is the first time we have put on an event of this scale so please ask us if there is anything else you would like to know.
Please share this event and forward on the flyer and registration form to anyone you think might be interested.
We’ll see you on the field!